Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: just touching base with my buddies

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Craig Leaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 14th, 2000
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    Hi Cherie!!! I have been a huge fan of yours since the beginning.... I constantly listen to "Messin' With The Boys" you did with Marie.... Do you remember, how was it working with the members of Toto?? That album definitely rocks and Toto put on their rock and roll mitts.... I also still love listening to the first Runaways LP and Queens of Noise..... I wish all of you, Marie, Sandy, Lita, Jackie and Joan all of the best!!!!!
    Take care,
    Love, Craig


  2. #2
    moderator CHERIECURRIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2000
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    sorry if i don't reply sooner. i MUST get a faster computer. so enjoy reading your messages. they make me laugh... sometimes almost cry.
    i think i must have done something right in my life to have my son... and YOU!!!!!
    love you all,
    cherie

  3. #3
    Inactive Member KissinTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2000
    Posts
    20
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    I don't think any of us would be posting here if we didn't think you were wonderful.

    ------------------
    http://kissintime.homestead.com

  4. #4
    Inactive Member metalcurrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 7th, 2000
    Posts
    65
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Cherie,
    I think it's safe to say that words can't even begin to express what you meant and still mean to all of us here.

    Believe!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member MelancholyQwn's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2000
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    forums

    ------------------

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Teddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 7th, 2000
    Posts
    126
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Last night on the ferry returning from Nantucket, I was listening to "Messin' with the Boys," and my 10-year old daughter wanted to know what I was playing. She plugged in the little speakers and started dancing to "This Time" - one of my favorite songs, by the way. A crowd of students at the back of the boat really enjoyed it - I wish I could say it was her dancing, which was gutsy and adorable, but it was the music. After that, there was no recovering my CD player until we docked in Hyannis. Great album. Lovely evening. Thanks, Cherie.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member MelancholyQwn's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2000
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This Time is my favorite off that album.. I think Cherie did wonderful vocals on it.. And that guitar solo is really nice forums forums

    ------------------

  8. #8
    Inactive Member LadyFable's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2000
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cherie
    Its wonderful to see that you are doing so well these days. It has been way too long since I last saw you perform. I know I missed a lot of your last shows at the coconut teaser but my work schedule just wouldnt allow me to make the late night shows. I miss seeing you and Marie.. You both were always so kind to me which I have always appreciated. I miss the dinners at the Japanese restaurant on Ventura Blvd....I was checking out your website and think you are looking absolutely wonderful these days...I'm looking forward to seeing the re-release of your book... Do you have a schedule yet planned for a book tour or shows/appearances for this year? I would love to see you again. Its just been too long. Please tell Marie and Don I said hello... do you answer your email from your account at Rocketcityrecords ? I wanted to share something with you but in a private forum....if you want... you can email me at your convenience at [email protected]
    Thanks......
    Laurie aka LadyFable

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Brawny's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 7th, 2000
    Posts
    13
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    Hey Cherie, Good luck with your current and future projects. I too have fond, vintage memories of listening to the Messin' album with friends - one friend in particular who also knew the words to the entire LP - so it was a great party album to jam in the car - won't get into all the other stuff that was going on in the background those days - but note that the song "Young and Wild" was also a favorite - and for good reason. Also love that line in "Elaine" where you say, "And she's looking for me to pick a fight!" We would just bust up everytime that came on. It's like, look out, Cherie's going to kick some ass now. Messin' was a great original song too. Dig that heavy breathing stuff...
    By the by, who were the guys with their hands on your spandexed butts?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic